Website Maintenance & UX Optimization Plans.
These are usually included in our web design plans, but for those wishing to add these plans to an existing site, or if you have requested a fixed priced bid for your website design project, these plans can easily be integrated, so your site is always performing at its peak.
Standard Website Maintenance Plan (Required for most new websites)
- Security updates for your CMS. Both Drupal and WordPress have monthly security updates that must be installed by an expert (or parts of your site will break). This not only updates the CMS, but also makes the platform more secure as more breaches in cyber security are discovered and remedied. Please note: your website typically must be hosted on the ImageWorks Creative server in order for security updates to be performed. In some cases, if we have “root access” to a server that is set up properly, we can do these updates for you.
- Site updates. Two hours per quarter budgeted. You can add more hours as needed for your exact site needs, once we have a good baseline of your needs. These are the quick little updates that companies need on a regular basis, things like changes to content, headers and titles, labels, menus, links, fonts, etc.
- Site Health Optimization & Audits. Crawl site and fix any crawl errors, page speed testing, mobile performance testing and fixes, bugs, broken links, bad pages, HTML errors, W3C compliance issues, etc. These happen on all sites over time due to robots, hackers and the nature of the web and require attention constantly.
Web Maintenance + Website Experience
Imagine having web pages in a constant state of enhancement and evolution based on today’s and tomorrow’s trends, behaviors, and technologies. Just enroll as many pages as you think you need and we will take it from there!
This plan includes everything above, PLUS continual monitoring of enrolled pages only, and studying the analytics of how they are performing. Each page enrolled can be edited via the below process. We meet with you every 60 days to review key data and choose the pages to be enhanced during this period. We can usually handle at least one pager per month on average from start to finish of the below process.
Here are the details:
- Enrolled Pages: At a minimum you want your homepage in the plan, as it’s your most important page and will get the most updates. Then you should add all key services/products pages, forms, and other interior pages. Individual blog posts and portfolios are not included.
- Meet, analyze, review, and discuss website and UX changes every other month as scheduled.
- Study heat maps and page analytics of enrolled pages, and the homepage, and plan to make design and content adjustments to increase performance
- Determine which pages included in your enrolled plan are going to be targeted for enhancement over the next 60 days.
- Discuss and formulate a plan to modify the design and content of enrolled pages. We focus on one page at a time and move on.
- Review goals in Google Analytics. Modify as needed.
- Includes illustrations, image manipulation, and all relevant web design needed to achieve goals. Only animations cost extra.
- Content! To hit both SEO and conversion goals, your content might need a rewrite and conversion optimization. We will rewrite and reorganize page content as needed based on the existing on-page text. If it’s necessary to research and write new content from scratch, we will help you develop a content strategy (additional cost, based on your unique needs).
- Decide and add any needed functionality for conversions, such as links for email enrollments, landing pages, onsite ads, call-to-action buttons, contact forms etc.
Note: Minor edits are covered in your hourly maintenance hours above. Eight hours per year included. The whole page evolution is a process and requires strategy, planning, review, design, coding and testing according to the above process.