External Privacy Statement
ImageWorks considers user privacy paramount, and ImageWorks utilizes great care in keeping the information of the customer and/or user (“Customer”) private and secure. ImageWorks respects the privacy of every person who visits or registers with www.imageworkscreative.com and our subdomains (the “Site” individually or “Sites” collectively) and is further committed to ensuring a safe online experience. ImageWorks also respects the privacy of every person who uses the services that ImageWorks makes available from the Sites or who engages with ImageWorks to use the services that are provided (be it through the Sites or not) (“Services”) or whose personal information may be processed as a result of others’ use of the Services.
Purpose of this Statement
This privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) explains ImageWorks’ collection of any personal information that ImageWorks may obtain about you from you or a third party and the purposes for which ImageWorks may process such information. This Privacy Statement also sets out your rights in respect to ImageWorks’ processing of your personal information. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is also to comport to applicable data privacy laws and, if applicable, the DP Laws (as defined near the end of this Privacy Statement).
This Privacy Statement informs you of the nature of the information that is collected and processed by ImageWorks and how you can request that ImageWorks deletes, updates, transfers and/or provides you with access to it.
This Privacy Statement is intended to help you make an informed decision when using the Sites and ImageWorks’ Services and/or to understand how your information may be processed by ImageWorks as a result of your use of and the function of the Services. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully so that you understand it. Please note it may be updated from time to time.
Please also note that this Privacy Statement only applies to the use of your personal information obtained by ImageWorks; it does NOT apply to your personal information that is collected during your communications with third parties.
How to Contact
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or want to take any action with respect to your personal information as set out in this Privacy Statement, you must contact ImageWorks by:
- Sending a letter to: ImageWorks Creative, 3859 Centerview Drive, Suite 400, Chantilly, VA 20151; or
- Sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Types of Data Collected
ImageWorks’ primary goal in collecting personal information from you is to: (1) verify your identity; (2) help ImageWorks deliver the Services; (3) improve, develop and market new Services; (4) carry out requests made by you on the Sites or in relation to ImageWorks’ Services; (5) investigate or settle inquiries or disputes; (6) comply with any applicable law; (7) enforce ImageWorks’ agreements with you; (8) protect the rights, property or safety of ImageWorks or third parties, including ImageWorks’ other customers, subscribers and users of the Sites or ImageWorks’ Services; (9) provide support for the provision of ImageWorks’ Services; and (10) use as otherwise permitted by law.
To undertake these goals, ImageWorks may collect the following personal information related to our users:
If you are a visitor to the Sites:
- Name (If you enter it)
- E-mail address (If you provide it)
- IP Address saved by ImageWorks’ web server logs
- Third-party service vendor data, as collected by such third-party (including Google Analytics)
If you are an individual user of the Services or Sites:
- Name and job title
- E-mail address
- Business address
- Company name/employer name
- Telephone/mobile phone number
ImageWorks may also collect information about your use of the Sites including:
- Electronic communications protocols
- Web pages visited
- User preferences
- User privileges
- Other information relevant to provision of the Services
- Other information as may be requested by ImageWorks from you in relation to provision of the Services
- Third-party monitoring related to web traffic
Collection of the personal information described above may be through the following methods:
- Automated means such as communication protocols and cookies
- Online registration and online signup forms
- Sales inquiries and transactions
- Online Customer communications
- Offline communications and interactions
- Third party sources of information
Electronic Communications Protocols and Cookies
ImageWorks may receive data from you as part of the communication connection itself through the standard electronic greeting between your computer and ImageWorks’ servers. This information often consists of network routing (where you came from), equipment information (browser type), internet protocol address, date and time. At this time, ImageWorks’ server will also query your computer to see if there are "cookies" previously set by our Site(s) to facilitate log in or other site navigation procedures. A "cookie" is a small piece of information sent by a web server to store in a web browser so it can later be read back from that browser.
Cookies on the site may collect the following information: a unique identifier, user preferences and profile information used to personalize the content that is shown, and user information to access ImageWorks’ user forums. Some cookies used by our Site(s) may remain on the user's computer after they leave the web site, but the majority is set to expire within thirty (“30”) – three hundred sixty-five (“365”) days. There may be some cookies on certain tools that are of longer duration. Cookies may also be of benefit to you by creating a more streamlined login process, keeping track of shopping cart additions or preserving order information between sessions. In the future, as we enable further customization of the site, cookies will help in ensuring that information provided to you will be the most relevant to your needs.
While ImageWorks does not offer an opt-out on the site for cookies, browsers provide you with information and control over cookies. You can set your web browser to alert you when a cookie is being used. You can also get information on the duration of the cookie and what server your data is being returned to. You then have the opportunity to accept or reject the cookie. Additionally, you can set your browser to refuse all cookies or accept only cookies returned to the originating servers. Users can generally disable the cookie feature on their browser without affecting their ability to use the site, except in some cases where cookies are used as an essential security feature necessary for transaction completion.
How We Use Your Data
ImageWorks collects data from users for the following purposes and may share it in accordance with the following descriptions of ImageWorks’ use of your data:
- To Engage in Transactions for Service. Your name, address, email, purchase details, and credit card/payment information may be collected and stored as part of the transaction history and may be used by ImageWorks to enable us to perform the Services.
- ImageWorks will not transfer information to any of its Agents unless it first either ascertains that the Agent subscribes to the Safe Harbor Principles or is subject to the DP Laws as defined at the end of this Privacy Statement or another adequacy finding or enters into a written agreement with such Agent requiring that the Agent provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by the relevant Safe Harbor Principles.
- To Provide Future Service and Support. Information collected for this purpose is both contact data and information related to products and service/support requested. This information is also used to provide service, product updates, and similar notices.
- To Select Content. Data may be collected to help create web site content and navigation that is most relevant and user friendly. This includes data collected as a result of site navigation, as well as data provided in forms.
- To Respond to User Inquiries and Requests for Information. This data includes registrations for online newsletters, opt-in mailing lists and specific requests for further information.
- To Respond to Regulators. Data is used to respond to law enforcement organizations, government officials, or third parties when compelled by subpoena, court order, or applicable law, or to report or prevent suspected fraudulent or illegal activity in the use of ImageWorks’ services. ImageWorks will notify Customer of the information request or submission as, and if, allowed.
- When You Consent to Share Information to/for Relevant Programs or Online Accounts. To provide various ImageWorks communities, such as resellers, with relevant product alerts and updates. These updates are related to product releases, prices, terms, special offers and associated campaigns. This data is sent when the program member signs up for the relevant program or online account.
- For ImageWorks’ Marketing to You. We may use information from user purchases and user-specified requirements to provide you with timely and pertinent notices of ImageWorks product releases and service developments that address your needs and specified requirements and/or which are similar to products and services previously purchased by the user from ImageWorks.
- For Services and Quotes for Products/Equipment. We may use data to better respond to requests for service or quotes for product and equipment purchase. ImageWorks will pass contact information to the appropriate ImageWorks sales person, or reseller for follow-up related to ImageWorks products or services.
- For Data Related to Your Use of the Interactive Discussion Portions of the Sites. As a result of your participation in interactive discussions and public forums. There are parts of the web site that permit you to participate in interactive discussions. Some of these are moderated; all are subject to access for technical reasons. ImageWorks does not control the content that users post and some may serve as public discussion forums. As in any interactive forum open to many users, you should carefully consider whether you wish to submit data and should tailor any other content submitted accordingly.
Does ImageWorks Share Your Personal Data?
ImageWorks does not share your data with any third-parties to perform the Services except that various vendors that are performing maintenance on the Sites may have limited temporary access to your information, however, ImageWorks has agreements in place with such vendors in order to prevent their use of your information in any way.
What is ImageWorks’ Legal Basis for Sharing Your Personal Data?
It is necessary for ImageWorks to use your personal information to perform our obligations in accordance with any contract that we may have with you or it is in our legitimate interest or a third party’s legitimate interest to use personal information in such a way to ensure that we provide the Services in the best way that we can.
We carry out the following marketing activities using your personal information:
- Postal Marketing. We use information that we observe about you from your interactions with our Sites, and/or with Services and/or your address details, to send you marketing communications by mail/post.
- Who do we share your personal information with for these purposes? We share your personal information with a variety of third party postal providers who assist us in delivering our postal marketing campaigns to you, including the post office.
- Email Marketing
- Online Personalized Advertising
- Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
How do We Obtain Your Consent?
Where ImageWorks’ use of your personal information requires your consent, you can provide such consent:
- At the time ImageWorks collects your personal information following the instructions provided; or
- By informing us by e-mail, mail/post or phone using the contact details set out in this Privacy Statement in the “How to Contact Us” section above.
Requests to View or Delete Your Personal Information/Rights to Access
In compliance with applicable data privacy laws including the DP Laws (as defined herein), You may request to view or have your personal information and data that ImageWorks collects, deleted from the Sites by contacting the email listed above in the Section entitled “How to Contact Us”. ImageWorks will respect and comply with your request by the later of a reasonable time or any required timeframe required by applicable data privacy laws or the DP Laws, as applicable.
Based on where you live, you may have additional rights, if applicable under relevant DP Laws, including the rights to:
- Access your personal information data
- Rectify the data if it is incomplete
- Restrict the processing of your data
- Object to processing of your data
- Lodge complaints with supervising authority
- Withdraw your consents to ImageWorks ’s use of your data
- Not be subject to automated decision making and profiling
- Limited rights to port your data
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information For?
Unless we are instructed otherwise by yourself or any regulatory body, then regarding visitors to the Sites, ImageWorks will retain relevant personal information for at least 3 years from the date of ImageWorks’ last interaction with you and in compliances with our obligations under the applicable data privacy laws or DP Laws as applicable. Unless we are instructed otherwise by yourself or any regulatory body, then regarding personal information ImageWorks has processed as part of providing the Services to any client/customer, ImageWorks will retain relevant personal information for at least 3 years from the date of ImageWorks’ last interaction with that client/customer, compliant with our obligations under the applicable data privacy laws or DP Laws as applicable. If personal information is only useful for a short period e.g. for specific marketing campaigns or limited usage, then ImageWorks will delete such personal information.
ImageWorks is concerned with the security of the data we have collected and utilizes commercially reasonable measures to prevent unauthorized access to that information. These measures include policies, procedures, employee training, physical access and technical elements relating to data access controls. In addition, ImageWorks uses standard security protocols and mechanisms to facilitate the exchange and the transmission of sensitive data, such as credit card details. ImageWorks does not process personal information in a way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by the individual.
ImageWorks has implemented information security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control from:
- Unauthorized access;
- Improper use or disclosure;
- Unauthorized modification; and
- Unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
In the event that individual personal data is acquired, or is reasonably believed to have been acquired, by an unauthorized person and applicable law requires notification, ImageWorks will notify the affected individual of the breach by email or fax or, if ImageWorks is unable to contact the individual by email or fax, then by regular mail. Notice will be given promptly, consistent with the legitimate needs of law enforcement and any measures necessary for ImageWorks or law enforcement to determine the scope of the breach and to ensure or restore the integrity of the data system. ImageWorks may delay notification if ImageWorks or a law enforcement agency determines that the notification will impede a criminal investigation, and in such case, notification will not be provided unless and until ImageWorks or the agency determines that notification will not compromise the investigation.
Data Protection Laws (If Applicable to You Based on Your Citizenship)
For purposes of this Privacy Statement, “DP Laws” means any applicable data protection laws relating to the protection of individuals with regards to the processing of personal data including (i) EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC (“DP Directive”) as implemented by EU member states, (ii) the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”), from 25 May 2018, (iii) laws implemented by EU member states which contain derogations from, or exemptions or authorizations for the purposes of, the GDPR, or which are otherwise intended to supplement the GDPR, (iv) Directive 2002/58/ec (“ePrivacy Directive”) as implemented by EU member states or in the UK (as may be updated or replaced) or any other law relating to data protection, the processing of personal data and privacy as a consequence of the United Kingdom leaving the European Union; and/or (vi) any corresponding or equivalent national laws or regulations including any amendment, update, modification to or re-enactment of such laws.
Privacy Statement Updates
If we are going to use your data in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify you via email. However, ImageWorks strives to maintain a static data collection and processing process and will make best efforts to comply with this Privacy Statement as of the initial collection date of any of your personal information and only to make such changes that increase the protection of your personal information. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user data already stored in our database, we will notify you by email or post a prominent notice on this page notifying users of the change. In some cases, when we post the notice, we will also email users who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices. We may update this policy from time to time to describe how new site features affect our use of your data and to let you know of new control and preference features that we provide.
3859 Centerview Dr., Ste. 400
Chantilly, VA 20151